7.15.2009

Nothing comes to mind . . .

I have tried to not be a big huge blog slacker. I've tried to think of witty ideas or subjects that I could write about and we could all sit back and have interesting dialogue about. I've thought about reviewing a couple of books that I've read, but I'm not a very good reviewer. (Is that a word?) I've thought about talking about my favorite new female character Bobbie Faye Sumrall, but I don't know that I could fill that much space. I was going to post an interview with Becca but I haven't gotten around to putting it to paper yet. So, instead of one more day of white space I would fill some space with a couple of quick ramblings before I have to head off to the day job.

First off, I finished Girls Just Wanna Have Guns by Toni McGee Causey. I cannot say enough wonderful things about these books. They're fun, adventurous, well written and laugh out loud funny. Toni McGee Causey has a way of delivering her characters that makes everything they do believable. Her male characters are hot, hunky and desireable. Joe and Ranger have nothing on these guys. (I can't believe I just said that, I love Joe & Ranger.) If you haven't put Charmed & Dangerous and Girls Just Wanna Have Guns on your "to be kept forever" shelf you need too. I know that I will be reading these books over and over and over again.

I found an old high school friend on Facebook. We're getting together for lunch on Sunday and I'm super excited to see her again. I haven't spoken to her since I was 17 or 18 years old. So much has changed in both of our lives. I can't wait to sit down, catch up and get reacquainted. So thank you to all of my friends who convinced me to sign up.

I have quickly run out of time this morning and need to get my rear into the shower. Happy Hump Day friends.

5 comments:

  1. Awww Erika - I know how you feel ... sometimes you/I/everyone just can't find enough creative, inspiring, original, fun things to blog about - I really admire those who can !
    Looks like I'm gonna have to seek out those Toni McGee Causey books ;)
    OH, and I for one would love to hear about your new fav. heroine - sometimes just talking it out helps, ya know ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ban. Bobbie Faye Sumrall is actually Toni's character from her books. She's too much fun.

    I have a couple of story ideas running through my head that I need to get written down before I lose them. Thank goodness for my handy dandy little digital recorder! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat you are Erika. Maybe it's the dog days of summer or maybe I'm just lazy, but I haven't been able to think of anything inspiring to blog about either. So hit and miss I've been. But I keep trying.
    And jot down those story lines-- because they might just dissappear. :P
    I'm off to plot next book-- can I say ACK? Summer is talking to me, Tony isn't. *mutters*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you and your new story. Are you going to share your story line? If so, I can't wait to hear about it.

    I am definitely jotting down the story ideas I have. I know I'll lose them if I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'll probably share snippets on my blog just like I did before. I did post their pics a couple of days ago- if you get a chance stop by. :) And it's Screaming O Friday tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete