7.31.2009

The Allure of the "Bad Boy"

What is the allure of the "bad boy" that makes normal, sensible women go weak in the knees and lose all common sense? What is it that they have that draws us away from the good, handsome, sensible choices available to us and makes us rise to challenge of wanting something from the "bad boy", that we know deep in our hearts, they are never going to give us?

I know that I've been referencing the television series Charmed a lot lately, and I mention this because I'm going to do it again, but in my defense, I've been watching a lot of it lately. I'm hooked. Hello, my name is Erika and I'm a Charmed-a-holic. Is that a word? Could it be?

In my previous posts I have said that I was in love with a fictional character and I meant it. Leo is absolutely perfect. He's a good person, he has a kind heart and good soul. He's handsome, smart, loyal and above all, a good guy. I still stand by what I said before.



Having said that, have you met Cole Turner?



Cole Turner is half human half demon. He's a bad guy who wants to be good for the woman he loves. How smexy is that???

So tell me ladies, what is it about the "bad boy" that makes you want him?

13 comments:

  1. It's like taming the wild stallion--just the thought that *YOU* tamed all that bad-boy charm and egotism. Oh yeah, heady stuff indeed. And I love Cole. Just sayin'...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good guy is good to everyone, a bad boy is good to ME. It's that extra level of special that makes us hopeful fools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silver, I love Cole too. I am completely hooked on the actor now. He's in Nip/Tuck. Is that still on the air?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who Premier is, but that's me today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Venus, I love your analogy. That works for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never watched charmed, but I do like the half-human half-demon. I don't like the good guys. bleh! hehe But I did make a comment on your facebook. It's the lure of being the only woman to ever tame the bad boy. And Venus said it perfect...it's that he's good to ME. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. ditto to the above : it's what I call 'beauty and the beast syndrome' and I've got it bad. ever tell you my pledge name was belle ... can you guess one of the reasons why ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kira, You are totally missing out on Charmed IMHO. I'm completely hooked. Taming the bad boy, yeah, I was never capable of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ban, Belle's my favorite princess. The Beast was different, he wanted to be loved he just didn't think anyone would ever love him because of the way he looked. I don't think that is the same problem "bad boys" have, I think they know they're hot and don't mind stringing along an endless line of females.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think for LSM next week I'm going to have everyone nominate their favorite bad boy. COLE TURNER IS TAKEN! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. True though his behaviour was 'beastly' :D
    And it was difficult guys I had a thing for not necessarily 'bad boys' - that make more sense ? They're different but the attraction is the same - what woman wouldn't want to be special enough to tame the beast ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ban, I think that's exactly it. Now I just have to figure out how to make it work on paper! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly? Maybe because I can't have even a small argument with the bad boy I know without it being laced with innuendos :D. Or it's the knowledge that you are something new to him, a bit of a chase because you're not gagging after him like all of the other girls are, and he's half-consfused half-infuriated as to why you have no valid reason not to fawn at his feet. But it's probably just the fact that he's baadd and bad in terms of sexiness always means goooood ;)

    ReplyDelete