It's an honor just to be nominated . . .
Wait, sorry, that's a different speech. So I'd like to say thank you to the Prairie Chicks and the Screaming O Blog for nominating my humble little blog for the Kreativ Blogger Award. I am feeling a little unworthy seeing as how I haven't been the most consistent blogger lately. Anyway, the rules are as follows: blog about 7 things about yourself that others might not know (and probably want to, discretion ladies, discretion) and nominate 7 other blogs. I'm not sure that I know of 7 other blogs that haven't already been nominated. I'm just that kind lazy, but I'm going to do my best. Here goes . . .
1. I love being a mom. I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 21 years old and I was a little worried about it. Having always been a very selfish person I wasn't sure if I could handle putting someone else first, but after giving birth to my beautiful little girl it seemed to come to me naturally. Being a mom is my favorite job ever, albeit not the easiest one.
2. I used to play the flute. I started playing the flute in the fourth grade but unfortunately gave it up during my misspent teenage years. A friend of mine started playing recently and I learned that I still know how to play the instrument even if I have forgotten how to read music.
3. I make really awesome salsa. My family & friends insist that I could sell it and make big bucks, but I'm not that ambitious. Yet.
4. I love to water ski. My Uncle Ronald taught me how to water ski when I was in elementary school and I love it. Now if I only owned a boat. . .
5. I spent most of the year I was 16 touring the west coast with a friend. We saw beautiful country and beaches. Oregon. If you haven't been, you're missing out.
6. I won $4,500 on the radio in 2003. One of the local radio stations, you know those fun contests where you enter online and if they call your name you win. I WON! How cool is that???
7. I'm not all that interesting. It took me nearly 20 minutes to come up with six items listed above. I'm pathetic and sad! :)
Okay, so my 7 nominees are the following:
Venus Vaughn - What Was I Thinking
Hayley Lavik - Eventide Unmasked
Murder She Writes
Maureen Child - History Day, every Monday
DeSeRt RoSe BoOkLoGuE
and last, but not least . . .
Naughty and Spice Blog
Happy Tuesday everybody.