1.11.2012

Losing Weight is Hard

So as I mentioned before, I've signed up for Weight Watchers. I've been on it for two weeks, but have only gone to one meeting. Why you ask, cuz I couldn't print out the temporary card cuz my printer is a piece of crap. It doesn't get any more honest than that.

The woman who runs the 50+ lbs to lose meeting is a success story. She has lost over 135 lbs and kept it off. HOLY CRAP! Now she's a Zumba instructor and rocks the house. She's a petite hard body and I'm totally jealous. Over 135 lbs!!!! Did you catch that?? How freaking amazing is that???

Anyway, I went to my first meeting and it was PACKED. All the regulars said, "you can tell it's January," which of course means come February this room won't be so full. Damn resolutioners. There were so many people in this meeting I was shocked. I brought a book in case I was bored before we got started. Silly me. One of the big topics at this meeting was setting realistic goals. Don't set your goal for 100 lbs., set it for 5% of your weight. Don't set a goal of working out every day, set a goal of working out three days a week. Things like that. So this lady sitting in front of me says that she has set a goal of walking five days a week. I'm thinking that's very motivated of her. She has a tape workout that she's going to be following and she's psyched. So, she's decided on what kind of exercise, she's decided on how many days a week, she has her walkman and her tape all ready to go. I'm thinking she's done good. I'm proud of her. And then this little blond Chiquita pops up and says "all that's great but she didn't say how long she was going to be walking every day." I leaned over the lady next to me and whispered, "I don't like her."

Don't misunderstand, I know she was trying to be helpful. Ensure that all of the goals were actually met etcetera but couldn't we just give the lady a little kudos for being and thorough as she was? I mean this was her first week too. I thought she did a splendid job.

So throughout this meeting the little blond Chiquita keeps popping up with comments. She has a comment on everything. She's apparently been doing this for a while. She's SO GOOD that she's set up an eating plan for her boyfriend AND she doesn't have to use the e-tools cuz she's just plain fabulous. The meeting is only 30 minutes long. She's killing me. It's all I can do to keep my mouth shut and let her speak.

Finally the meeting ends and all of us newbies stay behind for the "Starter Meeting". I'm really interested. I think I can do this. This is why I signed up for meetings. I need to hear from people every week who are making this system work for them. I need encouragement and I need someone to answer the questions I have. Like, what do I do instead of pasta??

How are your resolutions coming along?

BTW, I signed up for GoodReads.com, loving this site.

5 comments:

  1. I was doing pretty good until I got sick. I've had no energy for over a week so no exercise. There were a few days I didn't get out of bed to do more than take meds and pee. I'm still low on energy and I'm telling myself I'm back on the gazelle tomorrow morning no ifs, ands, or buts. I also sort of blew the attack phase of the Dukan plan I'm on. When I'm sick, I want comfort food. So I ate it. ;-P I should just scrap everything and start over. LOL Hang in there! You'll do it.

    And welcome to Goodreads! Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple--Eat a smaller amount of pasta. Depending on they type of sauce, put it over a bed of fresh spinach, instead of pasta.
    I'm 1.4 lbs shy of losing 40 pounds. I went from a tight size 12 to a size six AND I'm still not even in my weight range for my height.

    This is my 4th time, but it will be my last time. YOU have to want this. YOU have to be the one to motivate YOU. YOU have to figure out your triggers and how to combat them.

    I cut out pasta, fried food, alcohol AND Peanut butter for six weeks. I've slowly added a daily glass of wine. I rarely eat fried food. And I discovered Pasta (and all other flour products) makes me bloat, so I stay away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Silver, sorry for the delayed response. I hope you're feeling better. A friend of mine has been fighting something cold-like for six weeks or so. I have faith that you will be back up and rockin' the Gazelle and the food plan in no time.

    Thanks for your faith in me. I'm down 2 lbs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi M, GO YOU! That's amazing. I do want it, I just like to whine. ;) I have to figure out what will work for me, I know it. I don't really like fried food so that's easy to cut out but pasta, I love pasta, usually with a marinara sauce.

    Congrats on your weight loss, I think that's just awesome.

    ReplyDelete